Monday, June 10, 2013

Oh Darling! Strawberry and Lemon Cupcake (Gluten Free)

I've been super busy lately but still baking just not posting as much. I'm thinking about starting a new blog with just gluten free recipes. what do you think? comment if you think that is a good idea. Anyways back to baking. I've started giving my desserts cute little names. these ones are called oh darling! Lemon cupcake with strawberry frosting. so good and couldn't tell at all that they were gluten free. I planned on making different cupcakes but didnt realise i was missing some of the ingrediants so i ditched that recipe and made my own. The result; a new favorite frosting by me and everyone who tried them as well as the realization that i can make my own recipes off the top of my head now! it was a very exciting time. Ok, enough of me reanbling lets get to baking.

Ingrediants:
For The Cake
2 1/4 cups gluten free flour (i used a combination of brown rice and sorghum)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups buttermilk (i used almond milk and 1 teaspoon vinager)
4 egg whites
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
zest from one lemon
1 stick butter( room tempertaure)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
For The Frosting
2 sticks butter (room tempertaure)
4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup fresh strawberries, pureed
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
1.In a medium bowl, combine dry ingrediants. set aside
2. In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk and egg whites.
3. Place sugar, lemon zest and butter in a bowl and beat for 3 minutes, until the mixture is nice and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and lemon juice then, alterating in thirds, add the dry ingrediants followed by the milk mixture. Beat for a couple minutes until everything is conbined and smooth.
4. In a 350 degree oven, bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes.

1. Combine butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar, beat until light and fluffy. Slowly incorporate pureed strawberries until the frosting is smooth and sturdy enough to pipe.

Be sure to follow me on instagram. My baking account is called baker_raina. i post pictures of all of my baking adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment